What are cookies?
Cookies are files which can be downloaded in your equipment through webpages. They are tools which have a fundamental role in supplying a number of services of the information society,. Amongst others, they allow a webpage to store and recover information about users’ or their equipments’ browsing habits and depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize users and improve the services offered.
Types of cookies
According to which are the entities managing domains where cookies are sent from and which are the ones to treat the data obtained therefrom we can distinguish two types:
- Own Cookies: those that are sent to the users’ terminal from a terminal or domain managed by the same editor and from which the service sought by the users is rendered.
- Third party Cookies: those sent to the users’ terminal from a terminal or domain not managed by the editor but by another entity treating data obtained through cookies.
In the case that cookies are installed from a terminal or domain managed by the same editor but the information collected is managed by a third party, they will not be considered as own cookies.
There is also another classification according to the duration of data storage in the clients’ browser, them being:
- Session cookies: designed to gather and store data while the users gain access to a webpage. They are normally used to store information which may be of interest to save in order to carry out the service sought by the user only on one occasion (e.g. a list of purchased products).
- Ongoing Cookies: data keep being stored in the terminal and can be accessed and treated during a certain period fixed by the cookie manager, which can vary from a few minutes to several years.
Ultimately there is another classification with five types of cookies, according to the purpose data are used for:
- Technical cookies: those allowing users to browse through a webpage, platform or application and the use of different options therein existing, like for example to control data traffic and communication, identify the session, to access restricted access areas, recall the elements integrating a purchase request, apply or register for an event, to use security elements during browsing, store contents in order to broadcast videos or sounds or share contents through social media.
- Personalization Cookies : those allowing users to access service with some already defined general character features in accordance with a series of criteria in the users’ terminal like for example language, browser type to access service,regional setup where they access service from etc.
- Analysis Cookies : those allowing those who manage them to follow and analyze the behavior of users of linked websites. The information collected through this kind of cookies is used in measuring the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the development of browsing profiles of users of said websites, applications and platforms with the purpose to introduce improvements on the basis of the analysis of service users’ data.
- Advertising cookies: those allowing management of adverts in the most effective possible way of adverts.
- Behavioral advertising Cookies: those which store information of users’ behavior obtained through continuous information of their browsing habits, which allows to develop a specific profile in order to show adverts accordingly.
Cookies used by www.zurbaran.net
Cookies used by this website are the ones of the following browsers:
- Google Chrome.
- Internet Explorer.
- Mozilla Firefox.
Deactivation and disposal of cookies
You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed in your equipment through configuration of the options of the installed browser. By deactivating cookies, some of the available services may no longer be functioning. At any time will the users be able to choose which cookies they want to be functioning in this website.
You have the option to allow, block or eliminate the cookies installed in your equipment through configuration of the options of the browser installed in your equipment. Should you wish to modify setup you can do so through the following links:
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-en/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-cookies-site-data-firefox
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
Personal data treatment as well as sending commercial communications carried out through electronic media, comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, with Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos 3/2018 and with Ley de Servicios de la Sociedad de la Información y de Comercio Electrónico 34/2002.
To obtain more information you can visit our Data Protection Policy Data Protection Policy.